By *Tyshea and *Ai-Bee
A collection of short stories about love between girls.
WOW, HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY PT!
I know it's a little late, but things have been really busy lately, and we just whipped this up over the weekend, yikes! Hope you guys like it though
It's so nice to see them all together like this again, haha...and they've all changed so much since last we saw em, huh?
CRAZY CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS, BATMAN
We really wanted to talk about and incorporate two tumblr asks we got recently, which were:"Which of the girls has changed the most since you announced the project and how? Who's changed the least? Why do you think this is?"
and "What kind of flowers do you think represent the girls?"
On my side (side B), flowers and changes:
Sam: has gotten much more innocent and youthful. She used to be really broody and even a little sarcastic, more fake and surrounded by her own masks. She's a lot more well-meaning, still two-faced and dishonest because of her situations, but it's "white lies" now (because she can't help but be the good guy for everyone). It still bites her in the butt, but she's become a total boy-scout LOL (I think the superman comparisons effected that decision..oops).
- Visually, she's gotten a lot more focus on her legs. All my anatomy used to be really same-y and generally thin, and while Sam is still kind of on the skinny side, I've become a lot more comfortable with her musculature and body type. I really wanted her to look more athletic, especially in her lower body, and it's definitely coming along!
- Her flower is the sunflower. She's generally sun-themed, so it might be expected, but I really like them for their simple but memorable appearance. They're more cute than pretty, and not overly elegant, so there's a sense of androgyny to it. And sunflower seeds are healthy and Sam would totally love them LOL
Jay: HAS BECOME A BIT LESS STUPID LOL. She used to be too much of a joke character, but she's matured a lot. Don't get me wrong, she's still really positive and hilarious, which I love, because Allah knows I need some more uppity characters. But since developing Jay's family and friends, I feel like she's become more well-rounded and real.
- I used to be scared to make her too buff, because you know...gender expectations for girls, but I recently decided to say "fuck that" and make her unabashedly muscular (for a high school student), and her lack of height is more noticeable now because of it! I love it. I've also pushed her Greek features more, like her nose bridge (it's more hooked now) and her curlier hair. I remember someone mentioning that we didn't have any curly hair in our mains, so I fixed it!
- I don't know why the Marigold stuck out to me so much, maybe because it's so attention grabbing. They kinda look like fireworks to me, so it's like an explosion in flower form LOL. If that's not totally Jay, I don't know what is.
Gale: she's actually become a little more goofy, haha! Still a suave fucker, but I think more people are attracted to playboys who are a little funny and down-to-earth, willing to make fun of themselves. I wouldn't say Gale ever had a macho-complex, but I've started to push the fact that she's actually kind of a coward and would avoid confrontations if she can help it. Idk, it might be a turnoff for a lot of girls, but I think it's really endearing.
- She hasn't changed much visually, but I did make the conscious decision to give her more of a chest! I know plenty of punky girls who still pull off the look with an obvious chest... and both Sam and Jay are pretty flat, so it evens out a little. Shame you can't really see it in this picture, but in one of my doodles of her earlier this year, you can definitely see it. IT'S A SMALL THING BUT IT MAKES ME PROUD
- Other than the red, the poinsettia stuck out to me for the quirkiness, and like Sam's flower, there's a sense of androgyny about it because they look more like leaves than flowers. ...They also look like stars, which might have effected my decision. Also also they originate in Mexico. It's just too perfect dammit.
Su-Mi: has become more grounded. She used to be too flighty and head-in-the-clouds/dreamy... I think I've translated that into more of her unconventional and philosophical mentality. And sarcasm, she's become really sarcastic HAHAHA. I think it's the hipster thing, but I like it. I'm still trying to figure out how she ticks 100%, but she's making good progress. I'm sure she'll be ready when her and Mona's story comes around.
- Like Gale, she' hasn't changed much visually. I think the more important thing is how I've started to approach her when I draw. She's become more increasingly feminine, thicker eyelashes, more pronounced lips, posture more elegant, all that jazz. I look forward to seeing how she grows in the future
- Orchids have always been a theme for Su, she's even got them as tattoos! I think I like them for their elegance but really weird anatomy. There's a weird kind of beauty to them. One of my personal favorite flowers too, so that might be effecting my decision making skills BUT OH WELL
Be sure to support it in Bee's gallery too! Since it was a 50/50 collab
(also you get to read her thoughts on the Side A girls!)
I'll reply to all my messages and emails soon, sorry for everyone waiting!